- The experience of an infrared sauna is similar to sunbathing, which gives you the radiant heat that feels so nice! Unlike sunbathing, infrared heat therapy is completely healthy and safe. You can relax in an infrared sauna and it will not cause your skin to burn.
- Infrared light is part of the sun’s invisible spectrum of light that has the ability to penetrate the human tissue.
- Infrared heat therapy uses these infrared light characteristics to heat the body directly rather than just the air.
- Conventional hot rock/steam heat saunas heat the air with steam, which can often be unbearably hot and will cause you to only sweat at the surface
- Infrared saunas increase the body’s core temperature thus resulting in a much deeper, more detoxifying sweat from the cellular level of the skin where many toxins are housed.
- An infrared sauna uses soothing dry infrared heat that is well ventilated and extremely comfortable and relaxing.
- Infrared heat therapy has also been shown to assist with weight loss, pain relief, improved circulation and skin rejuvenation.
Benefits summary of full spectrum infrared:
Near Infrared: Mid Infrared: Far Infrared:
Cell Health/Immunity Pain Relief Weight Loss
Wound Healing Improved Circulation Detoxification
Skin Rejuvenation Weight Loss Blood Pressure Reduction
Pain Relief Relaxation
Far Infrared Therapy Health Benefits
Relieve back, neck and arthritis pan with infrared sauna heat therapy. Using continuous low level heat therapy for treating low back and upper body pain has never been more effective. Add a massage session to the sauna and notice deeper pain relief than you have felt previously, with results lasting longer and the need for repeated treatments diminishing. Learn More…
A 30 minute infrared sauna session can burn up to 200-600 calories! As the body works to cool itself while using an infrared sauna, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Sunlighten’s infrared heat therapy raises core body temperature causing passive cardiovascular conditioning. Your body’s natural response to infrared heat therapy is to increase circulation and sweat. You will be amazed! Learn More…
Lowers Blood Pressure
Sunlighten’s Solocarbon® heaters were used in a clinical study with the University of Missouri, Kansas City, in 2005 and were shown to lower blood pressure from a 30 minute sauna session three times a week. Repeated infrared treatment improves impaired blood vessel functions in patients with high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. This suggests a preventative role for sauna use for arteriosclerosis. Learn More...
Heating of muscles with infrared produces an increased blood flow level similar to that seen during exercise. Body temperature elevation also produces an increase in blood flow. Infrared heat assists in resolution of inflammatory conditions such as edema. The increased peripheral circulation provides the transport needed to help evacuate the edema, which can help end inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
Improve your skin’s appearance with regular use of our sauna. Open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring. Infrared heat therapy helps acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions or cuts. It also reduces wrinkles, makes skin look radiant, firms and improves skin tone and elasticity. Regular use may also help reduce cellulite trapped beneath the skin, lesson the appearance of scars, and help burns heal significantly.
Detoxification can be helpful for people stuck in the following health challenges:
- Chemical Exposure
- Chronic Infections
- Digestive Disorders
- Heart Disease
- Joint discomfort and overall pain
- Low blood sugar
- Mental Illness
It is estimated that 1 in 4 Americans suffer from some level of heavy metal poisoning or environmental toxin. With that in mind, detoxifying is a daily lifetime need. Learn More…
There are some real reasons not to sauna. Please make sure these do not apply to your condition before scheduling:
If you are using any medications, please check with your physician or pharmacist to make sure your condition is appropriate for Infrared Sauna Therapy.
If you have a cardiovascular condition, please check with your physician before scheduling a sauna.
Contrary to popular belief, you should not sweat out a hangover! The increased heart rate with the alcohol may be problematic. Check back when you are sober and we can schedule a sauna then!
If you are pregnant, please check with your physician or midwife prior to scheduling a sauna.
Please be aware that heating your low back during your menses may increase your blood flow. It is safe, but please take the necessary precautions.
The magnets used to assemble the sauna can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers. Please discuss this with your physician prior to making an appointment.
We ask that current smokers not use the sauna. While a sauna would be a great aid in detoxifying the body when stopping smoking, active smokers release tobacco odors, nicotine and tar which will damage the wood of the sauna and may cause allergic reactions in other clients.